- One of our most advanced beauty-care supplements
- Contains key plant-based ingredients found in our top supplement Isotonix OPC-3 which are Pycnogenol®, red wine extract, bilberry extract, grape seed extract and citrus bioflavonoids complex
- Also contains key vitamins, minerals, and ingredients like vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, biotin, calcium, magnesium, and hyaluronic acid
- Source of antioxidants for the maintenance of good health
- Helps in wound healing
- Helps in connective tissue formation
- Aids in the normal development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth and gums
- An isotonic-capable dietary supplement with the Superior delivery of Isotonix
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Product contains no added wheat, yeast, gluten, artificial flavour, starch, preservatives or milk.
Research shows that Pycnogenol®, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals are important for the following*:
- Supports a healthy complexion23,27,31,37,39,47
- Supports a smooth, soft, and even toned complexion23,27,31,37,39,47
- Promotes healthy functioning of the skin at the cellular level which results in healthy vibrant looking skin23,27,31,37,39,47
- Replenishes essential vitamins and minerals that are co-factors for many enzyme reactions in vivo to help the entire skin to grow and cells to divide 23,27,31,37,39,47
- Helps maintain normal cell growth23,27,31,37,39,47
- Supports healthy skin with key micronutrients to replenish & rejuvenate skin to look, feel and function its absolute best23,27,31,37,39,47
- Supports healthy skin elasticity to keep skin looking young and firm (tight)13, 20, 23, 37, 39
- Helps maintain skin elasticity and moisture13,20, 23, 37, 39
- Helps maintain healthy connective tissue13,20, 23, 37, 39
- Maintains healthy collagen and elastin levels to help preserve the elasticity of skin. 13, 20, 23, 37,39
- It also plays a role in maintaining elasticity of capillaries in the dermis which helps maintain healthy blood flow, minimizing the appearance of spider veins in the skin. 13, 20, 23, 37, 39
- Helps maintain skin moisture3, 13, 23
- Helps maintain an optimal moisture balance in skin that can minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pits3, 13, 23
- Promotes healing of minor skin injuries4,20,30,47
- Promotes healing of cuts and abrasions 4,20,30,47
- Promoted healing of minor skin damage4,20,30,47
- Helps support the skin’s natural defenses from harmful environmental pollutants and chemicals4,20,30,47
- Demonstrates anti-inflammatory activity to assist in normalizing reddened, swollen, or thick skin1,2,5,6,8,12,14,15,31,32,37,39,42
- Helps maintain micro circulation of skin capillaries for healthy oxygen and nutrient supply – part of our vascular system which“feeds” the skin to help keep it fresh and rejuvenated.2,5,68,11,14,25,28,29,31,39,45,46
- Powerful free radical scavenger2,5,68,11,14,25,28,29,31,39,45,46
- Supports the immune system – a healthy body means healthy looking skin. 2,5,68,11,14,25,28,29,31,39,45,46
- Powerful antioxidant that provides the skin with a defense against damage and signs of aging
- Helps maintain healthy hair and nails2,5,68,11,14,25,28,29,31,39,45,46
*The aforementioned has not been approved or considered by Health Canada. The aforementioned are findings made in diverse scientific studies regarding the ingredients in Isotonix Beauty Blend mentioned above.
Gluten-Free – the finished product contains no detectable gluten (<10ppm gluten)
No Detectable GMOs – the finished product contains no detectable genetically-modified organism
Isotonic-capable Drinkable Supplements – easy-to-swallow supplements in liquid form are immediately available to the body for absorption
Vegetarian – Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend is a vegetarian product
Why choose Isotonix OPC-3® Beauty Blend?
Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend is specially formulated to replenish vitamins and minerals that are known to be essential for the health of your skin, while also providing the skin and body with a source of antioxidants to protect against free radicals. This product also helps with tissue formation and the normal development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth and gums to keep your smile healthy and bright.
The formula for Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend includes some of the most powerful bioflavonoids currently known to research scientists. These bioflavonoids are scientifically termed oligomeric proanthocyanidins, commonly abbreviated OPCs.Studies have shown OPCs to be up to 20 times more powerful than vitamin Cand50 times more powerful than vitamin E in neutralizing free radicals. The best-researched OPCs are from grape seed, red wine, grape skin,bilberries,citrus fruit and Pycnogenol®†. The combination of these powerful OPCs is unique to Isotonix OPC-3 and Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend. Each is a powerful free-radical scavenger that works to help keep you healthy and beautiful. These antioxidants are coupled with specific vitamins,minerals and hyaluronic acid for a comprehensive and unique beauty formula.
Isotonix Delivery System
Isotonic,which means “same pressure,” bears the same chemical resemblance of the body’s blood, plasma and tears. All fluids in the body have a certain concentration,referred to as osmotic pressure. The body’s common osmotic pressure, which is isotonic, allows a consistent maintenance of body tissues.In order for a substance to be absorbed and used in the body’s metabolism, it must be transported in an isotonic state.
Since all Isotonix® dietary supplements are delivered in an isotonic solution,the body has less work to do to obtain maximum absorption. The isotonic state of the suspension allows nutrients to pass directly into the small intestine and be rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream. With Isotonix products, little nutritive value is lost, making the absorption of nutrients highly efficient while delivering maximum results.
Grape seed extract is typically extracted from the seeds of red grapes (instead of white), which have a high content of compounds known as oligomeric proanthocyanidins. Grape seed extract is extremely rich in polyphenols, a compound high in antioxidants. Grape seed extract has even been found to promote healthy cholesterol levels.
Red Wine Extract
Red wine extract contains rich beneficial active ingredients. This extract is found in grape vines, roots, seeds and stalk, with its highest concentration in the skins. In the late 1990s, scientists took note of a phenomenon among the French. There were very low rates of heart disease in the provinces where residents consistently ate high fat foods and drank red wine. Scientists concluded that the protective properties of red wine have helped the French maintain heart health for years and subsequent scientific studies have further proven the fact that the OPCs found in red wine are greatly beneficial to maintain general well-being.
Pine Bark Extract (Pycnogenol®)
Pycnogenol is a natural plant extract from the bark of the maritime pine tree, which grows exclusively along the coast of southwest France in Les Landes de Gascogne. This unspoiled and natural forest environment is the unique source of pine bark. Pycnogenol represents a natural combination of genetically programmed constant proportions of procyanidins, bioflavonoids and organic acids.
Pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®) is a powerful antioxidant. As one of the most potent natural scavenger of free radicals, Pycnogenol combats many aggressive free radicals before they cause oxidative stress to vital organs. It has super-antioxidant capabilities.
Bilberry extract is derived from the leaves and berry-like fruit of a common European shrub closely related to the blueberry. Extracts of the ripe berry are known to contain flavonoid pigments known as anthocyanins, powerful antioxidants. Scientific studies confirm that bilberry extract supports healthy vision and venous circulation. Bilberry extract helps maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries and veins.
Citrus Extract (Bioflavonoids)
Bioflavonoids are found in certain plants to act as light filters protecting the delicate DNA chains and other important macromolecules by absorbing ultraviolet radiation. They have been found to promote cardiovascular health, help maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries, and veins and demonstrate anti-inflammatory activity.
Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate)
Hyaluronic acid or hyaluronate is a glycosaminoglycan distributed widely throughout connective, epithelial and neural tissues, and is commonly used in skin care products. It is one of the main constituents of the extracellular matrix and promotes healthy cell proliferation and migration. Plentiful in extracellular matrices, hyaluronic acid supports healthy tissue hydrodynamics, movement and production of cells, and promotes a number of cell surface receptor interactions. Because hylauronic acid is found mostly in the skin, cartilage, it supports joint health. It has also been suggested that hyaluronic acid promotes healthy cartilage cells.
Hyaluronic acid may also be used to promote healing of minor tissue injuries.
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
It is a water soluble vitamin which the human body cannot synthesize and therefore we have to get it from the foods we eat, like citrus fruits, or through supplementation. While the Recommended Daily Intake for Vitamin C is 60mg, many individuals, such as those who smoke, need more vitamin C and can benefit from taking more than the minimum necessary. Studies suggest that taking 500 mg – 1000 mg of vitamin C daily can be beneficial for immune health and provide many other benefits.
Around 90 percent of vitamin C in the typical diet comes from fresh fruits and vegetables. Peppers — sweet green and red peppers and hot red and green chili peppers — are especially rich in vitamin C. Other good sources include citrus fruits and juices, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, collards, mustard greens, broccoli, spinach and strawberries. It is important to note that cooking destroys vitamin C activity.
Vitamin C, justifiably so, has become the world’s most popular vitamin. The reasoning behind this vitamin’s grand reputation is at once multi-faceted as well as amazing. Ascorbic acid is best known for its antioxidant properties and it may be the most important water-soluble antioxidant in the body.
The capacity of vitamin C to support the immune system seems to be common knowledge. some studies also support vitamin C supplementation will help to maintain healthy vision and skin.
Vitamin C plays a crucial role in maintaining healthy connective tissues including collagen, elastin, fibronectin, proteoglycans, bone matrix and elastin-associated fibrillin. Also, a lack of vitamin C can cause general fatigue. vitamin C helps in moderating healthy iron absorption, transport and storage. It promotes the normal intestinal absorption of iron.
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is found in some foods and produced when sunlight strikes the skin and activates vitamin D synthesis. Vitamin D promotes the efficient intestinal absorption of calcium, primarily in the duodenum and jejunum by supporting the synthesis of calcium-binding proteins to promote normal calcium absorption and retention. Vitamin D also promotes the normal formation of bone and normal bone growth and bone remodeling by osteoblasts and osteoclasts. Vitamin D deficiency can be caused by factors such as lack of exposure to sunlight, reduced skin synthesis of vitamin D, lower dietary intake, impaired intestinal absorption and reduced metabolism to active forms of vitamin D by the kidneys, all of which increase with aging. Deficiency has been linked to numerous health concerns, and insufficient levels of this vitamin are associated with frail bones and muscle weakness.
Vitamin E Acetate (d-Alpha-Tocopheryl-Acetate)
The most valuable sources of dietary vitamin E include vegetable oils, margarine, nuts, seeds, avocados and wheat germ. Safflower oil contains large amounts of vitamin E (about two thirds of the RDA in ¼ cup), and smaller amounts are found in corn oil and soybean oil. Vitamin E is actually a family of related compounds called tocopherols and tocotrienols. Vitamin E was discovered in the early 1930's. It is available in a natural or synthetic form. In most cases, the natural and synthetic form of vitamins and minerals are identical. However, the natural form of Vitamin E is superior, in terms of absorption and retention in the body. The natural form of alpha-tocopherol, known as d-alpha tocopherol, is contained in Isotonix OPC-3® Beauty Blend. The synthetic form is the most common form found in dietary supplements. It is in the consumer's best interest to choose a product, which has opted for the more powerful (and expensive) natural form. For those individuals watching their dietary fat consumption, which is relatively common in the world of dieting, vitamin E intake is likely to be low, due to a reduced intake of foods with a higher fat content. The health benefits of supplemental vitamin E are derived from its properties as an immune-boosting antioxidant. Vitamin E protects cell membranes from free radical damage. It is also helpful in promoting normal wound healing and is known to help maintain a healthy cardiovascular system. Vitamin E is one of the most powerful fat-soluble antioxidants in the body. High servings of vitamin E have been shown to promote normal platelet activity.
Biotin is a part of the B-vitamin family. The B-vitamins are important co-factors, which promote the normal metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and protein. Natural food sources of biotin include egg yolk, peanuts, beef liver, milk (10 mcg/cup), cereals, almonds and Brewer's yeast. Biotin operates as an important part of several enzymes, acting as a co-enzyme implicated in energy metabolism (such as pyruvate carboxylase). In the intestines, bacteria makes a negligible amount of biotin that may be assimilated and used by the body. The main roles of Biotin include promoting strong hair and nails, increasing energy levels, helping maintain normal cholesterol levels and promoting healthy blood sugar levels.
Calcium is found in milk, cheese, yogurt, corn tortillas, napa (Chinese cabbage), kale and broccoli. Calcium is an essential mineral with a wide range of biological roles. Calcium exists in bone, primarily in the form of hydroxyapatite (Ca10 (PO4)6 (OH)2). Hydroxyapatite comprises approximately 40 percent of the weight of bone. The skeleton has an obvious structural requisite for calcium. The skeleton also acts as a storehouse for calcium. Apart from being a major constituent of bones and teeth, calcium supports normal muscle contraction and nerve conduction, supports normal heartbeat, blood coagulation and glandular secretion, promotes the production of energy and helps maintain normal immune function.
Calcium is essential for healthy bones and teeth. A sufficient daily calcium intake is necessary for maintaining bone density. Calcium has been shown to reduce symptoms of PMS in women. When the body does not get enough calcium per day, it draws calcium from the bones causing them to weaken. This could lead to the osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is the age-related weakening of the bones.
Calcium also may play a role in promoting cardiovascular health.
Foods rich in magnesium include unpolished grains, nuts and green vegetables. Green leafy vegetables are powerful sources of magnesium because of their chlorophyll content. Meats, starches and milk are less rich sources of magnesium. Refined and processed foods are generally quite low in magnesium. The average daily magnesium intake in the U.S. for males nine years and older is estimated to be about 323 milligrams; for females nine years and older, it is estimated to be around 228 milligrams.
Magnesium is a component of the mineralized part of bone, and it promotes the normal metabolism of potassium and calcium in adults. It helps maintain normal levels of potassium, phosphorus, calcium, adrenaline and insulin. It also promotes the mobilization of calcium, transporting it inside the cell for further utilization. It plays a key role in promoting the proper functioning of muscle and nervous tissue, and it supports the synthesis of proteins, nucleic acids, nucleotides, cyclic adenosine monophosphate, lipids and carbohydrates. Magnesium further promotes kidney and bladder health.
Magnesium is required for release of energy, it supports normal body temperature and metabolism regulation, promotes proper nerve function, and helps the body adapt to stress. Magnesium promotes strong bones and teeth and proper muscle development. It helps the body maintain a regular heartbeat and normal blood pressure, promotes normal platelet activity and helps maintain normal cholesterol levels.
What is Isotonix OPC-3® Beauty Blend? What exactly does it do?
Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend is a revolutionary product that helps to do just what the name says, helps with our beauty, appearance from the inside out. It uses the most powerful free radical scavenging antioxidants known to date. The purest and best-researched OPCs chosen for Isotonix OPC-3®'s Beauty Blend are derived from grapes, bilberries, Pycnogenol (pine bark) and citrus-fruit. These have the highest total polyphenol content. In addition to being powerful antioxidants, these OPCs are known to promote skin health. These powerful bioflavanoids are considered many times more powerful than vitamins C and E as free radical scavengers. They do, however, work well with both vitamin C and E.
Antioxidants found in Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend scavenge free radicals within cells and promote optimal cellular functioning. The OPCs support your skin's natural ability to regenerate new epidermal cells, paving the way for true splendor in the way of skin beautification. Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend helps to replenish the skin's vitamins and minerals.
This combination of powerful OPCs is unique to Isotonix OPC-3®’s OPC-3 Beauty Blend as is the Isotonix delivery system, which enables rapid and highly efficient absorption of OPC's, vitamins and minerals.
Who should take Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend?
Who wouldn't want to be noticed for healthy-looking skin, especially when it's cultivated at the cellular level where it really counts? All of us are constantly in contact with an environment that can be quite stressful upon the delicate nature of our skin. Everyone should take precautions against the effects of stress, aging and the environment when it comes to maintaining skin health. This product should be taken by anyone over the age of 18 who wants to look, feel and perform at their best, enabling them to reveal their beauty from the inside out.
Can men take Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend?
Yes, this product is for anyone who wants to maintain healthy, youthful-looking skin.
What is Pycnogenol®?
Pycnogenol® is the trademark of Horphag Research (UK) Ltd. for a standardized extract of bark of the French maritime pine tree. Pycnogenol® is renowned for its extensive clinical research with more than 120 studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals. The flavonoids in Pycnogenol® are powerful as antioxidants, and they promote cardiovascular health, support normal platelet activity and support healthy blood circulation and blood pressure.
What is Isotonix OPC-3®?
Isotonix OPC-3 is a dietary supplement that bears some of the most powerful bioflavonoids currently known to research scientists. These bioflavonoids are scientifically termed oligomeric proanthocyanidins, commonly abbreviated OPCs. The purest and best-researched OPCs chosen for OPC-3 are prepared from grape seed, red wine, bilberries, Pycnogenol from pine bark and citrus fruit. This combination of powerful OPCs is unique to OPC-3, as is the Isotonix® delivery system, which enables rapid and highly efficient absorption of the OPCs.
What are OPCs?
Oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs) are bioflavonoids (complex organic plant compounds) found in fruits, vegetables and certain tree barks that provide exceptional nutritional benefits to the human body. Studies have shown OPCs to be up to 20 times more powerful than vitamin C and 50 times more powerful than vitamin E in neutralizing free radicals. Isotonix OPC-3 contains the only isotonic form of Pycnogenol® in the world. Pycnogenol is a natural plant extract from the bark of the French maritime pine tree, and the most clinically researched and powerful bioflavonoid.
Can you tell me more about the Isotonix delivery system and why it is so advanced?
Two of the most important factors when selecting a nutritional supplement are absorption and potency. The Isotonix delivery system, as found in Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend, assures that the body will absorb the daily vitamins and minerals that it needs. Now you can drink your vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, in one healthy and nutritional formula each and every day, unlike a pill or capsule that is swallowed, and then must be broken down by the stomach's acids in order to be delivered to the body. The Isotonix delivery system allows the vitamins and minerals to be absorbed more rapidly. Isotonix food supplements, when mixed with water actually have the same pH and osmotic pressure as the body's fluids such as tears, plasma and blood. In order for absorption of nutritional content to take place, all food must be converted into an isotonic state. The absorption process of a standard tablet could take up to three hours. This greatly limits the amount of nutrients absorbed by the body. However, our Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend sets itself apart from other products on the market by providing you with the maximum absorption of nutrients, within the shortest amount of time. When an isotonic substance enters the body, it is rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.
What are the directions for use?
Pour 2 level, white bottle capfuls of powder into a cup. Add 120 mL (line on the overcap indicates 60 mL) of water and stir. Take once daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Maximum absorption occurs when taken on an empty stomach. This product is isotonic only if the specified amounts of powder and water are used.
Is this a vegetarian product?
Yes, This vegetarian product contains no added wheat, yeast, gluten, artificial flavour, starch, preservatives or milk.
- Bayeta, E., et al. Pycnogenol inhibits generation of inflammatory mediators in macrophages. Nutrition Research 20: 249-259, 2000.
- Blazsó, G., et al. Anti-inflammatory and superoxide radical scavenging activities of a procyanidins containing extract from the bark of Pinus pinaster Sol. and its fractions. Pharm Pharmacol Lett 3: 217-20, 1994.
- Block, A., and Bettelheim, F. Water Vapor Sorption of Hyaluronic Acid. Biochim Biophys Acta 201:69, 1970.
- Chen, W., et al. Functions of hyaluronan in wound repair. Wound Repair Regen. 7:79-89, 1999.
- Cho, K., et al. Effect of bioflavonoids extracted from the bark of Pinus maritima on proinflammatory cytokine interlukin-1 production in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW 264. 7. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 168: 64-71, 2000.
- Cho, K., et al. Inhibition mechanisms of bioflavonoids extracted from the bark of Pinus maritima on the expression of proinflammatory cytokines. Annals of the NY Academy of Sciences 928: 141-156, 2001.
- Devaraj, S., et al. Supplementation with a pine bark extract rich in polyphenols increases plasma antioxidant capacity and alters the plasma lipoprotein profile. Lipids 37:931-4, 2002.
- Fine, AM, Oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes: history, structure, and phytopharmaceutical applications. Altern Med Rev 5:144-51, 2000.
- Fitzpatrick, D., et al. Endothelium-dependent vascular effects of Pycnogenol. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology 32: 509-515, 1998.
- Frankel, E., et al. Inhibition of oxidation of human low-density lipoprotein by phenolic substances in red wine. Lancet 341: 454-7, 1993.
- Freedman, J., et al. Select flavonoids and whole juice from purple grapes inhibit platelet function and enhance nitric oxide release. Circulation 103:2792-8, 2001.
- Frémont, L. Biological effects of resveratrol. Life Sciences 66: 663-673, 2000.
- Ghersetich, I., et al. Hyaluronic acid in cutaneous intrinsic aging. International Journal of Dermatology. 33(2):119-122, 1994.
- Gulati, O. Pycnogenol® in venous disorders: a review. European Bulletin of Drug Research 7: 1-13, 1999.
- Hosseini, S., et al. Pycnogenol® in the management of asthma. Journal of Medicinal Food 4: 201-209, 2001.
- Kohama, T., et al. The treatment of gynecological disorders with Pycnogenol®. European Bulletin of Drug Research 7: 30-32, 1999.
- Kohama, T., et al. Analgesic efficacy of French maritime pine bark extract in dysmenorrhea. Journal of Reproductive Medicine 49: 828-32, 2004.
- Liu, X., et al. Antidiabetic effect of Pycnogenol French maritime pine bark extract in patients with diabetes type II. Life Sci 75:2505-13, 2004.
- Liu, X., et al. French maritime pine bark extract pycnogenol dose-dependently lowers glucose in type 2 diabetic patients. Diabetes Care 27: 839, 2004.
- MacKay, N., et al. Nutritional support for wound healing. Alternative Medicine Review. 8: 359-77, 2003.
- Manna, S., et al. Resveratrol suppresses TNF-Induced activation of nuclear transcription factors NF-kB, activator protein-1, and apoptosis: potential role of reactive oxygen intermediates and lipid peroxidation. The Journal of Immunology 164: 6509-19, 2000.
- Maritim, A., et al. Effects of pycnogenol treatment on oxidative stress in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Biochem Mol Toxicol 17:193-9, 2003.
- Meyer, L., et al. Age-dependent changes of hyaluronan in human skin. J Invest Dermatol. 102:385-9, 1994.
- Miyagi, Y., et al. Inhibition of human low-density lipoprotein oxidation by flavonoids in red wine and grape juice. Am J Cardiol 0:1627-31, 1997.
- Monograph. Vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry). Altern Med Rev 6:500-4, 2001.
- Murias M., et al. Resveratrol analogues as selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors: synthesis and structure-activity relationship. Bioorg Med Chem 12: 5571-8, 2004.
- Nachbar, F., et al. The role of vitamin E in normal and damaged skin. J Mol Med. 73(1):7-17, 1995.
- Nuttall SL, Kendall MJ, Bombardelli E, Morazzoni P. An evaluation of the antioxidant activity of a standardized grape seed extract, Leucoselect. J Clin Pharm Ther 23: 385-89, 1998.
- Packer, L., et al. Antioxidant activity and biologic properties of a procyanidin-rich extract from pine (Pinus maritima) bark, pycnogenol. Free Radic Biol Med 27:704-24, 1999. Review.
- Price, R., et al. The role of hyaluronic acid in wound healing: assessment of clinical evidence. Am J Clin Dermatol. 6:393-402, 2005.
- Rohdewald, P. A review of the French maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®), a herbal medication with a diverse clinical pharmacology. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 40:158-68, 2002. Review.
- Rohdewald, P. Pycnogenol®. In “Flavonoids in Health and Disease”. Ed. Catherine Rice-Evans and Lester Packer. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1998. 405-19.
- Roseff, S., et al. Improvement in sperm quality and function with French maritime pine tree bark extract. Journal Reproductive Medicine 47: 821-4, 2002.
- Roseff, S., et al. Improvement of sperm quality by Pycnogenol®. European Bulletin of Drug Research 7: 33-6, 1999.
- Saito, M., et al. Antiulcer activity of grape seed extract and procyanidins. J Agric Food Chem 46: 1460-4, 1998.
- Schönlau, F., et al. Pycnogenol® for diabetic retinopathy. International Ophthalmology 24: 161-171, 2002.
- Schönlau, F., et al. The cosmeceutical Pycnogenol®. J Appl Cosmetology 20: 241-6, 2002.
- Segger, D. and Schönlau, F. Supplementation with Evelle® improves skin smoothness and elasticity in a double blind, placebo-controlled study with 62 women. Journal of Dermatological Treatment 15:222-26, 2004.
- Shi, J., et al. Polyphenolics in grape seeds-biochemistry and functionality. J Med Food 6:291-9, 2003. Review.
- Sharma, S., et al. Pycnogenol® inhibits the release of histamine from mast cells. Phytotherapy Research 17: 66-69, 2003.
- Spadea, L., et al. Treatment of vascular retinopathies with Pycnogenol®. Phytotherapy Research 15: 219-23, 2001.
- Takada, Y., et al. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents differ in their ability to suppress NF-kappaB activation, inhibition of expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and cyclin D1, and abrogation of tumor cell proliferation. Oncogene 23: 9247-58, 2004.
- Ueda, T., et al. Preventative effect of natural and synthetic antioxidants on lipid peroxidation in the mammalian eye. Ophthalmic Res 28: 184-92, 1996.
- Wallerath, T., et al. Resveratrol, a polyphenolic phytoalexin present in red wine, enhances expression and activity of endothelial nitric oxide synthase. Circulation 106:1652-8, 2002.
- Watson, R. Pycnogenol® and cardiovascular health. Evidence-Based Integrative Medicine 1: 27-32, 2003.
- Wei, Z., et al. Pycnogenol enhances endothelial cell antioxidant defense. Redox Report 3: 219-24, 1997.
- Weindl, G., et al. Hyaluronic acid in the treatment and prevention of skin diseases: molecular biological, pharmaceutical and clinical aspects. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 17(5):207-213, 2004.
- Yamakoshi, J., et al. Proanthocyanidin-rich extract from grape seeds attenuates the development of aortic atherosclerosis in cholesterol-fed rabbits. Atherosclerosis 142:139-149, 1999.
- Ames, BN, et al. Oxidants, antioxidants, and the degenerative diseases of aging. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 90:7915-7922, 1993.
- Bagchi, D, et al. Oxygen free radical scavenging abilities of vitamins C and E, and a grape seed proanthocyanidin extract in vitro. Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 95:179-89, 1997.
- Bagchi, D, et al. Free radicals and grape seed proanthocyanidin extract: importance in human health and disease prevention. Toxicology 148: 187-97, 2000.
- Bagchi, D, et al. Cellular protection with proanthocyanidins derived from grape seed. Ann NY Acad Sci 957:260-70, 2002.
- Graham DY, Smith JL, Bouvet, AA. What happens to tablets in the stomach. J Pharm Sci 79:420-24, 1990.
- Havsteen B. Flavonoids, a class of natural products of high pharmacological potency. Biochem Pharm 32:1141-48, 1983.
- Halpern, MJ, et al. Red wine polyphenols and inhibition of platelet aggregation: possible mechanisms, and potential use in health promotion and disease prevention. J Int Med Res 26:171-80, 1998.
- Kehrer JP. Free radicals as mediators of tissue injury and disease. Crit Rev Toxicol 23:21-48, 1993.
- Koch R. Comparative study of Venostatin and Pycnogenol in chronic venous insufficiency. Phytother Res 16:S1-5, 2002.
- Koparker AD, Augsburger LL, Shangraw RF. Intrinsic dissolution rates of tablet fillers and binders and their influence on the dissolution of drugs from tablet formulations. Pharm Res 7:80-85, 1990.
- Cesarone MR et al. Improvement in circulation and in cardiovascular risk factors with a proprietary isotonic bioflavonoid formula OPC-3. Angiology. 59(4):408-14, 2008.
- Cesarone MR et al. Accelerated antioxidant bioavailability of OPC-3 bioflavonoids administered as isotonic solution. Phytotherapy Research. 23(6):775-7, 2009.
- Rohdewald, P. A review of the French maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol), a herbal medication with a diverse clinical pharmacology. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 40(4):158-168, 2002.
- Barringer T et al. Potential Benefits on Impairment of Endothelial Function after a High-fat Meal of 4 weeks of Flavonoid Supplementation. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine: eCAM. doi:10.1093/ecam/nen048: 1-6, 2008.
Displaying reviews 1 - 5 of 71
Yes , I like the Beauty Blend , Beauty Blend can drink for before sleep ? day and night which one is the best one ?
Dissolves instantly in water
Like all vitamins, the taste is unique - but it instantly dissolves in water and the benefits outweigh something like liquid fizzy gummy bears.
Won't go without this product!
I never miss a morning of taking my beauty blend. It has forever changed the appearance of my skin and my overall health!
Love Isotonix products
I have been using this for the past 3 months. I have received many compliments on my skin tone and my overall facial features. I would recommend this to anyone to improve the skin texture.